Spark Therapeutics announced new preclinical data for SPK-3006, an investigational liver-directed adeno-associated viral (AAV) gene therapy for Pompe disease. This was announced during the late-breakling session of the International Annual Congress of the World Muscle Society. This is a one-time investigational gene therapy that is engineered to use the liver to express the needed enzyme. Positive results have been seen at the 10-month point in mouse studies.
- April 15, A Day of Reflection
- International Pompe Day – Moving On with Pompe!
- Audentes Therapeutics’ “Be Bold for Courageous Patients” Program to Support Patients Living with Rare Diseases
- Amicus Therapeutics establishes a 75,000 sq. ft. Gene Therapy Center of Excellence
- Amicus Therapeutics Receives Breakthrough Therapy Designation for Pompe Treatment
advocacy awards Awareness Breakthrough therapy designation CAP chaperone clinical trials compassion CORD eLearning Emma Rooney ERT Extraordinary Measures Fabry fundraising Gaucher gene therapy getting treated grants guest blogger Int'l Pompe Day IPA late-onset living with Pompe meetings Muscular Dystrophy Canada MyNormal newborn screening Orphan Drug Framework Orphanet politics pre-clinical preclinical pregnancy Rare Disease Rare Disease Day research respite video